Ryan Commercial Lawyers has experience in assisting both major sporting organisations and athletes.
Ryan Commercial Lawyers has been involved in all aspects of sports law and administration including:
- All types of commercial arrangements in the sporting industry, including Memorandums of Understanding and Collective Bargaining Agreements between sports governing bodies and player associations;
- Athlete Management and Sponsorship Agreements and Contracts;
- Commercial Agreements for the development, protection and exploitation of intellectual property rights;
- Acting on behalf of players in litigation and dispute resolution processes arising from sporting matters including tribunal hearings, sports anti-doping and illicit drug rules, regulations and policies; and
- Advice on event and venue management including leases, club facilities and property development.
We have acted on behalf of the Australian Cricketers’ Association and a number of high profile sports people.
Our lawyers combine specialist knowledge with a strong interest and involvement in, and understanding of, the sports industry and the issues affecting it.
Paul Ryan is Vice President of the St Kilda Cricket Club and is an accredited Player Agent by the AFL Player’s Association.